1. TOURNAMENT WILL BE HELD RAIN OR SHINE.
2. NO REFUND OF ANY KIND WILL BE MADE FOR ENTRY FEES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
3. WINNERS WILL BE SUBJECT TO A LIE DETECTOR TEST TO BE GIVEN AT THE TOURNAMENT SITE ON THE DAY OF THE TOURNAMENT.
4. The Third Coast Fishing Tournament is governed by all federal, state, and local laws as well as IGFA rules for saltwater and fly fishing. Both bait and lures allowed.
5. This tournament is an individual and an amateur event. Tournament Committee reserves the right to refuse application of entry, with or without cause, at its sole discretion. Any applicant refused entry shall be entitled to a full refund of their entry fee.
6. Spectators are not allowed in boat with participants during tournament hours.
7. All entered fish must be caught during tournament hours. No check-in is required before fishing. No captain’s meeting. Tournament hours are 6:00 AM to 3:00 PM, Saturday May 27, 2017.
8. Offshore fishing is not allowed. Surf fishing is allowed by wading or pier-fishing only. Fishing must be in Texas coastal waters.
9. Weigh in will be between 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM, Saturday May 27, 2017. Anyone not standing in the weigh-in line, with your fish, at 3:00 PM will be disqualified. A valid driver’s license is required at check-in.
10. Only rods and reels may be used to catch fish. Each participant may have as many rods and reels as they want, but may only fish with one at a time.
11. No professionals are allowed in this tournament. If a person has acted as a professional in the last 12 months, that person is not eligible. A PROFESSIONAL IS ANYONE WHO HAS ACTED AS A PROFESSIONAL GUIDE WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS, ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN COMPENSATED IN ANY MANNER TO TAKE SOMEONE FISHING (BESIDES REIMBURSEMENT FOR EXPENSES OR SHARED EXPENSES), IS PAID BY SPONSORS, IS GIVEN DISCOUNTS BY SPONSORS IN PLACE OF OR IN ADDITION TO PAYMENT, OR HAS BEEN COMPENSATED (BESIDES REIMBURSEMENT FOR EXPENSES OR SHARED EXPENSES) BY A COMPANY OR SPONSOR TO TAKE SOMEONE FISHING. PRIZES WON IN THE PAST DO NOT COUNT TOWARD PROFESSIONAL STATUS. Anyone who fishes on the same boat as a professional will be disqualified. Participants may not have fished with a guide or professional 72 hours prior to the start of the Tournament, including tournament day.
12. NO ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION IS ALLOWED DURING TOURNAMENT HOURS. PLEASE NOTE THAT POLYGRAPH RESULTS CAN BE AFFECTED BY THE CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL. ALL BOATS SUBJECTS TO INSPECTION BY TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR, WEIGHMASTER, OR THEIR DESIGNEES.
13. All fish must be legal and are subject to verification. Redfish submitted to the weighmaster must be slot redfish (BETWEEN 20 AND 28 INCHES). Trout submitted to weighmaster must be slot trout (BETWEEN 15 AND 25 INCHES). Live fish are preferred. All fish subject to inspection by weighmasters. All entrants subject to questioning by weighmasters and/or their designees.
14. ALL DECISIONS MADE BY WEIGHMASTER ARE FINAL. ALL FISH WILL BE INSPECTED FOR ALL MANNERS OF CHEATING INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: trimming, blunting, icing, weighting, injecting, stringing/staking/caging fish, blocking fishing areas, or any other form of cheating.
15. If bait or fish are inside the mouth of the fish when caught, you may secure the fish’s mouth so it does not fall out. If it falls out AT ANYTIME (including weigh in), you may not put it back in.
16. No cell phones, CB's, or other communication equipment may be used during the tournament to aid in fishing.
17. Individual prizes awarded to heaviest fish in each category. Only one fish may be entered per person in each category. The angler who caught the fish must be the angler who weighs in the fish. All protests or disputes relating to any matter involving the rules and /or event must be registered in writing with the Event Director within 20 minutes of the designated weigh-in and prior to delivery of any prizes or winnings. Protests made after the deadline will be disregarded and the participant may be subject to disqualification.
18. All unclaimed prize money reverts to Young Life in Corpus Christi.
19. KIDFISH: Entrants must be 11 and under. Any fish may be entered in the Kidfish. Trophies are given for longest, heaviest and ugliest. Does not count for cash prize. Entrants to Kidfish must be designated prior to tournament.
20. A minor is anyone 17 or younger. Entrants may register as either a minor or Kidfish, but not both. If a fish is weighed in, it is treated as an individual entry under the adult’s name. One fish per category only. Prize money is awarded to the adult.